Monday, August 6, 2012

Garage Sale Skirt Revamped

On Friday I went around to some garage sales with my nephew.
We found a few things here and there.
But my favorite stop was when I found tons of fabric, and a dress for 10 cents each.
Well, the fabric was 10 cents each. 
The dress I bought for 2 dollars, more than I wanted to spend, but I still feel it was a good deal.
My whole goal with the dress was to make something out of the fabric, because naturally I knew it wouldn't fit me. I liked the colors and the pretty birds along the bottom.

I picked a random spot and cut it off.
And I made a skirt for Cameron.


I gathered it at the top, and the side is closed together with a button.






And I was trying to get a picture of the button, but it turned out blurry sorry.


Happy Sewing, and thanks for stopping by "Through Betsy's Looking Glass".

This page has been shared with Sew Can DoIt's a Blog Party, and Krafty Kat.

10 comments:

  1. That skirt turned out so cute! I love it and Cameron looks darling in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's a little angel! The skirt turned out lovely (I love garage sales!). Thanks for sharing this week at Gettin' Krafty With It!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for having me Kathie, and thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. So darling! Your little girl is too cute! Love her hair!
    We are kindred sisters, we both love a great yard sale.

    Great job on the skirt, totally jealous of your sewing skills.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yard sales are the best! I can always find something during a yard sale expedition.

      Delete
  4. Cute skirt! Your daughter is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She looks so cute modeling that transformed skirt

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...