Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Turkey Time!


I have sadly been away from the blogging world for a few weeks.
I have either been studying, working, nursing 2 sick people in our household, and then becoming sick from the 2 sick people, etc.
It has not been fun, to say the least.
But Cameron, and Peter are finally feeling better, and I am hopefully on the upward slope to feeling better, ugh, we will see.

Now on to what Cameron and I have been up to lately.
The other day Cameron and I were reading a few books on Thanksgiving, in hopes that she would better understand yet another holiday.
Her first choice in turkey literature was "Fancy Nancy and her Thanksgiving Banquet".
It was such a cute story, but what Cameron picked out from the book was Fancy Nancy's headband.
The artist had drawn an adorable little turkey headband on Fancy Nancy, and Cameron asked if she could wear one on Thanksgiving too.
How could I turn down a request like that?
A cute crafty headband is always a must.


I thought it came out really cute.
I found feathers a Hobby Lobby, and just hot glued them onto the back of a headband that she had.
We then used a cute craft bottle cap for the turkey face, and goodly eyes.
I left out the beak, and gobler. 
I tried a few things, but they kept looking cheap, or weird.
So I decided to just leave it like this.


She seemed to be satisfied with the finished product,
and that is all that counts.


And I also have to brag about this adorable outfit she is wearing.
We are low on the funds here in our household lately,
and we have been trying everything to save a little.
Everything she is wearing is either from clearance,
or from a half price store.
It didn't cost over ten dollars.
I was really satisfied with our latest finds.




What I am thankful for:
(obviously this does not cover everything)

1. I am thankful for everyone in my family. Doesn't matter if you are my daughter, sister in law, 2nd cousin, or great aunt, each of you shares a special place in my heart. And I love you all!

2. I am thankful for my health. And I might want to start working out, or I might be rethinking this.

3. I am thankful for smiles. Each and everyday something negative happens, or is heard, but the smallest genuine smile brings my hopes back up.

4. I am thankful for chocolate! I know your thinking "really. . .chocolate", but come on. . .it's chocolate.
Thanks Dan. . .you always know when I need chocolate!

5. And lastly I am thankful for my faith in God. I may not be at church every Sunday, but he is with me every step of the way.

And thanks for stopping by
"Through Betsy's Looking Glass".
And have a Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...