Has anyone else noticed that ducktape is a big thing right now?
There are a lot of things that you can do with ducktape, that I
haven't even dreamed of doing, or am even going to try to create (ducktape prom dress).
But one thing that did catch my eye was a ducktape bow.
I actually was at a local coffee shop, and when getting a
double shot on ice with caramel I noticed these adorable bows in a variety of
different patterns, and colors for sale.
A young girl here in town is making them for only $2.
How cute, and awesome!
So, I bought 3 of them knowing I needed to contribute to this girls passion,
before I went home and started making my own.
I would feel so guilty if I didn't buy one from her.
Well, here is the step by step on how to make them:
1. Cut 2 strips depending on how long you want the bow to be.
And cut a small thin strip to secure the bow in the center.
|I know they aren't evenly cut. I trimmed them later!|
2. Put the 2 larger strips together. Sticky side together.
3. Fold the large strip like a fan.
(Hopefully the picture explains a little better.)
Make sure you crease it well.
4. Take the then strip of ducktape and put a bobby pin through the center.
5. Wrap the thin strip around the center of the bow to secure it.
Make sure the bobby pin is on the bottom.
I will add a photo of Cameron wearing one later.
I couldn't get her to hold still!
Thanks for stopping by "Through Betsy's Looking Glass"!