Wednesday, December 5, 2012

December 5th: 2011 Christmas Card

Today is one of those days where
you feel like going home and shutting the door.
And I truthfully didn't expect today to be a stressful day.
Peter and I both had the day off,
we planned some light Christmas shopping,
a short Santa visit, and
finally back home to watch some "Arthur's Christmas".
How can that be too bad?
Well, as many of you may know, with children, the snowball effect can happen at the drop of a hat.
It was one thing after another,
 and I feel Cameron was at the point of purposely trying to get us to pull our hair out.

But I took a deep breath and just kept on going.
And that's when my husband pulled into Hazel Hill.
He tells us all to get out and pick out whatever we want.
I was just as excited as Cameron.
Husbands (significant others, whoever) they seem to have a small radar..."she needs chocolate" it quietly whispers, and they know.


And for those of you who have not experienced the essence of Hazel Hill, it is a store filled with 
so many kinds of chocolate...I feel like I'm at Wanka's factory.
You have to make a trip there if you are ever in Topeka.

After our indulgence in chocolate I knew we would all be okay.
Everyone was a little bit happier!

Okay, now onto the main point of this post...our Christmas card from last year.
Last year I wanted to test out my own photography skills, so I took the photo myself, and it turned out good, but a true professional would of course had better lighting, background, etc.


And of course I had to make a sign that said "Joy"!
You obviously know by now that Christmas for me is such a joyful time, 
and I just want to spread the joy.

For the finished card I put glitter all around the edge.
I attempted to take a photo of it, because I love how it turned out, but
the glitter kept reflecting off the camera.
So, that was a no go!

Well, that's it for today.
I hope all of you are enjoying the oncomings of Christmas as much as we are.

Leave a comment and let me know what your favorite kind of chocolate is.
I personally am all about the salted caramel chocolates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...